22 Jul
Weather Expectations Week 29 Day 203 Flag Today 75°/57° Wind 2 mph
Gusts 3 mph
Active Fire: 22 miles
away Risk of fire: Very Low
Nearest Lightning: 14 miles
away Humidity: 48%
Air Quality: Fair Sunshine Partly Cloudy
July Averages: Temps: 82°\51° 9
days with rain
Today’s Observances:
Be A Good Teammate Day
Casual Pi Day (22/7)
Fragile X Awareness Day
National Be A Good Teammate Day
National Mango Day Link
Rat-catchers Day
Spooners (Spoonerism) Day
Tisha B'Av [Jewish] (Sundown)
Weekly Observances:
Tour
de France: 4-26 Link
National
Parenting Gifted Children Week: 16-22 Link
Restless
Leg Syndrome (RLS) Education & Awareness Week: 18-25
Hemingway Look-Alike Days: 19-25 (Nearest his Birthday of 7/21)
Hemp
History Week: 19-25
Captive
Nations Week: 19-25
Everybody Deserves A Massage Week: 19-25 Link
National Independent Retailers Week: 19-25 Link
National
Zookeeper Week: 19-25 Link
Women in Baseball Week: 19-25
National
Moth Week: 19-27
National Baby Food Week: 22-25 Link
Fresh Quotation:
Today’s Reflection:
A very nice day while
expecting more monsoon this afternoon.
I went online yesterday
around 2pm, for some groceries. The only time available for delivery was 9pm. So, when I got up this morning, I finished
the order and had it delivered by noon. Worked out well.
Today is Primary Day, around
8am I headed to the voting place. I handed my ID to the lady, she scanned it into
a little box. I signed my name on the tablet, but the machine only partially
printed my slip to get my ballot. Two ladies grabbed a binder and started searching
for what to do. The man running the place called election headquarters. After about 5 minutes, they figured it out
and gave me my admission slip. I should mention I was the only voter in the
whole place. That lady grabbed a ballot and headed to the computer screen…ah…something
new. In went my ballot. The Screen
listed the candidates for an office, I touched the screen and then hit continue.
I did that about 7 times to get the list of each office’s candidates. Then I
hit PRINT and out came my ballot. I dropped into a black box. They all thanked
me for being so patient. It was all good, but I’m not a fan of the new screen
thing.
I stopped at my mailbox
and found my handicapped placard. It is not like others that are hard plastic. The
new one is a much more flexible plastic. I sure hope it holds up. It feels strange
to have it, but I know it will be handy.
Historical events
Cool to know:
LOL
LOL was first used to mean
"laugh out loud" in Usenet groups back in the mid 1990s (and has seemingly been
pronounced as a word, "lol" rhyming with "knoll," since the
early 2010s). Its very earliest meaning, however, was somewhat different: in
the first known written record of the acronym LOL, it was used to mean
"little old lady" in a 1960 newspaper
article in San Francisco.
Picture of the Day:
Head in the clouds. A
flock of Greater Flamingos cruises above the skyscrapers of Abu Dhabi, which
are engulfed in an ethereal mist.
“At the time it seemed a
bit like a fantasy, a fleeting moment made surreal as the birds unexpectedly
flew past,” Ahmed says. “Fortunately, I was prepared for action and my zoom
lens allowed me to frame the birds and capture the moment.”
Tricky US Trivia:
Question: Where
can you find the National Baseball Hall of Fame?
Answer: Cooperstown,
NY
Today’s Birthdays:
Selena Gomez
Pop Singer
34 years old
Birthplace Grand Prairie, TX
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Prince
George of Wales Prince
13 years old
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Marc
Cucurella Soccer
Player [Spain] 28 years ikd
Birthplace Spain
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
David Spade TV Actor 62
years old
Birthplace Birmingham, MI
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Willem Dafoe
Movie
Actor 71 years old
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Danny Glover
Movie
Actor 80 years old
Birthplace San Francisco, CA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Fede
Valverde Soccer
Player 28 years old
Birthplace Montevideo, Uruguay
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
John
Leguizamo Movie
Actor 66 years old
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Alex Trebek Game Show
Host [1940-2020] @80
Birthplace Greater
Sudbury, Canada
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That’s All for Now




No comments:
Post a Comment