20 Jul
Weather Expectations Week 29 Day 201 Flag Today 78°/58°
Wind 6 mph
Gusts 8 mph
Active Fire: 22 miles
away Risk of fire: Low
Nearest Lightning: 95 miles
away Humidity: 40%
Air Quality: Fair Sunshine
July Averages: Temps: 82°\51° 9 days with rain
Today’s Observances:
Fortune Cookie Day Link Link
Global Hug Your Kid Day
International Balloon Holiday
Moon Day
National Get Out of the Doghouse Day
National Lollipop Day Link
Space Exploration Day Link
World Chess Day Link
World Jump Day Link
Weekly Observances:
Tour
de France: 4-26 Link
Rabbit
Week: 15-21 (Magician's) Sponsor: Melvin Rabbit (Canada)
National Parenting Gifted Children Week: 16-22 Link
Restless
Leg Syndrome (RLS) Education & Awareness Week: 18-25
Hemingway Look-Alike Days: 19-25 (Nearest his Birthday of 7/21)
Hemp
History Week: 19-25
Captive
Nations Week: 19-25
Everybody Deserves A Massage Week: 19-25 Link
National Independent Retailers Week: 19-25 Link
National
Zookeeper Week: 19-25 Link
Women in Baseball Week: 19-25
National Moth Week: 19-27
Fresh Quotation:
Today’s Reflection:
A great day to watch soccer
World Cup Final.
The monsoon dumped 1.73” of rain yesterday...a record for the date.
It also knocked out my power, and most of East Flagstaff, around 9:15pm. I went
to bed about 9:45 last night. Andy called about 9:30 to see if I had power as
theirs was out also. Theirs came back around 1am. It’s not easy to get ready
for bed with only a light from the phone. I woke up about 2:30am and the power
was back on. I had left several lights on in the living room, so turned them
off. Then, back to bed until almost 6:30 this morning.
There are many here in the US that are upset with Iran putting up posters and signs to kill Trump. I’m believe any country who had their leader, the spouse and family killed would never react any differently. Actions have consequences. I remember how the Vietnamese from N. Vietnam explained the capture of John McCain. Their story was much different than the US version.
Historical events
Cool to know:
HYPER
As a
description of someone who appears highly-strung or full of energy, the
word hyperactive was first cut down to "hyper" in 1942. The
word hyperactive itself, though, is likely a little older than
you might think: it was first used in 1867, while hyperactivity dates from 1888.
Picture of the Day:
Strut like you mean it. Ly Dang took home the Gold Award in the
Portrait category for this humorous image of a Sage Grouse putting on a
show.
“I arrived at the lek more than an hour before the birds so I could
set up my hide without causing disturbance. Similarly, with the best interests
of the birds at heart, I packed up the hide only when the last bird had left
the area,” Dang recounts. “In previous years I had tried to capture this type
of portrait shot but had been unsuccessful. However, on this particular morning
my luck changed when this bird wandered close to my hide in full display. The
photograph was taken without using baiting, calls, lures, or unethical
practices of any kind.”
Tricky US Trivia:
Question: What
is the largest national park in the U.S.?
Answer: The
Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve in Alaska
Today’s Birthdays:
Chris
Cornell Rock
Singer [Soundgarden) [1964-2017] @52 years old…suicide
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Julianne
Hough Instagram
Star 38 years old
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Natalie Wood
Movie
Actress [1938-1981] @43, boat accident
Birthplace San Francisco, CA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Judy Greer Movie
Actress 51 years old
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Omar Epps TV Actor 53
years old
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Carlos Santana Guitarist
79 years old
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Billy Mays Entrepreneur
[1958-2009] @50, heart disease, cocaine
Birthplace Mckees Rocks, PA
That’s All for Now




No comments:
Post a Comment