September 04, 2026

5 Sept Blog

 

5 Sept

Weather Expectations Week 38  Day 248  Today  74°/52°                            

Wind 21mph Gusts 24mph Air Quality: Fair Sunshine Windy

Risk of fire: Moderate  Active Fire: 147 miles away

Nearest Lightning: 250 miles away Humidity:  45%

Sept Averages: Temps: 74°\43° 8 days with rain

Today’s Observances:

Be Late For Something Day
Franchise Appreciation Day

International Bacon Day Link 
International Day of Charity 
Link
Jury Rights Day
  Link
National Play Outside Day 
Link 

National Tailgating Day:  5 Link  Link 
National Cheese Pizza Day 
Link
World Beard Day Link  Link  Link

Weekly Observances:

International Enthusiasm Week: 1-7
National Nutrition Week: 1-7 (UNICEF-India) Link
Self-University Week: 1-7 Link
Chuckwagon Races: 3-6
Sweetcorn Days: 3-7
Cow Chip Throwing Days: 4-5  
Hog Days: 4-7

Monthly Observances:

Million Minute Family Challenge (September-December)
Mold Awareness Month
National Alcohol & Drug Addiction Recovery Month
National Americana Month  Link
National Bake & Decorate Month
National Be A Food Hero Month
National Bowling Month  Link
National Campus Safety Awareness Month Link

National Chicken Month Link
National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month Link  

Fresh Quotation:

 

Today’s Reflection:

A little windy but still a nice way to start the Labor Day Weekend.

I graduated from Wheat Ridge High School and it remains a sports school. Btween 1942-2017 the Farmers have held 42 state championships in various sports. I am happy to say my senior year we were state champs in football. Go Farmers.

I’m enjoying the small things a lot more since my illness…like having chips and salsa as an afternoon snack or doing one load of dirty laundry without waiting for a week or two before doing several loads and having a balanced fresh Tempo meal in 3 minutes. It’s all good. One thing I wish would change, I use ChapStick and wonder why so much has to be left in the container that has to be dug out with a fingernail. Frustrating…I paid for it, I want to use it.

Our state has ‘safe alerts’ that are broadcast over TV channels. My complaint is that while those alerts are certainly important, they need to be better focused on the audience. The Daily ones that interrupt recordings are usually from far Southern Arizona, like Tucson. I doubt a person with memory issues would travel from Tucson to Northern AZ, so why interrupt our TV show?

I know I’m getting better as I keep leaving my cane in various downstairs rooms and have to go on a cane search before leaving the house. I guess that’s a good thing.

I understand that many in this country are very vocally religious, but when JD Vance, our VP, said that the Antichrist is walking around America seems a bit over the top.

The Clancy trial, where a woman killed her 3 children and attempted suicide has ended in a mistrial. That trial has showed us how the sausage is made and it is not a good picture.  

Historical events

5 Sept Today in History video

Cool to know:

The speed of a computer mouse is measured in "Mickeys."

A British scientist first invented the roller-ball device in 1946 while working for the Royal Navy, but the word "mouse" didn't get coined until 1965.

 

Colorado Wildlife:

​​Widely considered the most endangered mammal in North America, the black-footed ferret is making a comeback in Colorado and other parts of the West after being rescued from the brink of extinction in the mid-1980s.  Black-footed ferrets are considered an endangered species by both the US Fish & Wildlife Service and Colorado Parks and Wildlife. 

They are the only ferret species native to North America. Their story is a roller coaster ride, and the fact that Colorado is now home to six reintroduction sites is an amazing success. 

Ferrets are a mid-level predator, preying mostly on prairie dogs and providing food for raptors and other night hunters. 

With their elongated bodies, wide-spaced eyes, and long claws perfect for excavating dirt, black-footed ferrets closely resemble weasels. Unlike their weasel relatives, however, their fur does not change color in winter. Black-footed ferrets belong to the mustelid family, which means they produce a strong, musky body odor. They chatter and hiss when they feel threatened by predators, including owls and coyotes.

 

Picture of the Day:

1965. Primatologist Jane Goodall meets baby chimp, Flint in Tanzania's Gombe Stream Game Reserve.

 

Harper’s Index from Funny Times:

 September 2026 • Source: New World Wealth (Johannesburg)

Rank in 2025 of the United Arab Emirates as a relocation destination for millionaires: 1

September 2026 • Source: New World Wealth (Johannesburg)

Of the United States: 2

September 2026 • Source: New World Wealth (Johannesburg)

Estimated number of millionaires created in the United States last year

 : 441,078

September 2026 • Source: UBS (Zurich)

Estimated portion of the world’s new millionaires that this figure represents : 1/2

Today’s Birthdays:

Freddie Mercury Rock Singer [1946-1991] @45 AIDS

Birthplace Zanzibar CityTanzania

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Michael Keaton Movie Actor 75 years old

Birthplace Robinson, PA

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Bob Newhart TV Actor [1929-2024] @94

Birthplace Oak ParkIL

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

William Devane Soap Opera Actor 89 years old

Birthplace AlbanyNY

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

That’s All for Now


No comments:

Post a Comment