1 Oct
Weather Expectations Week
40 Day
73 Today 55°/40°
Wind
8mph Gusts 19mph Air
Quality: Fair Sunshine Overcast Breezy
Risk
of fire: Very Low Active
Fire: 114 miles away
Nearest
Lightning: a
miles away Humidity: 77%
Oct
Averages: Temps: 64°\32° 3 days with rain
Today’s Observances:
|
Bring Your Bible To School Day Link |
National Book It! Day |
Weekly Observances:
Sukkot [Jewish]: 26-10/2
National Fall Foliage Week: 27-10/3
Trichotillomania, Skin Picking & Related BFRB Awareness
Week: 1-5 Link
Getting The World To Beat A Path To Your Door Week:
1-7
National Walk Your Dog Week: 1-7 Link Link
Universal Children's Week: 1-7
Monthly Observances:
|
Bullying
Prevention Month Link |
Christmas
Seal Campaign (10/1-12/31) |
Fresh Quotation:
Today’s Reflection:
Another day of rain. It’s a light rain so there are no complaints.
When my mother passed I
inherited her wedding ring. The history of the diamond is that my paternal grandmother
got it when she married my paternal grandfather in the early 1910’s. He passed
on Christmas Eve when my brother was only 5. My father gave my mother the
diamond when they got engaged in 1939. I had the diamond reset in white gold
with turquoise and the gold from my mother’s ring. I’ve been wearing it ever
since. I have lost weight and the ring was loose. I used electrical tape to
keep it on my finger. I found some silicone ring sizers on Amazon. They arrived
yesterday and the one I’m using working great…the ring no long rolls around on
my finger. Very happy camper. I should have done this months ago.
I am looking forward to a great October.
Historical events
Cool to know:
Two-Buck Chuck once won
a top wine award.
Trader Joe's 2002 Charles Shaw Shiraz
beat out 2,300 other wines to win a prestigious double gold medal at the 28th
Annual International Eastern Wine Competition, so don't feel bad stocking up on
the bargain brand.
Picture of the Day:
Male bearded reedling, Norfolk,
England
© Andrew
Sproule/Shutterstock
Balanced on a slender
stalk in Norfolk, England, the male bearded reedling in today's image
stands out with a pale blue-grey head, a bright orange bill and the black
facial markings that give the species its name. Despite its striking
appearance, this small bird spends much of its life hidden among the dense
wetland vegetation of marshes, lakeshores and reed beds.
Interesting Space Facts:
Nobody knows how the
Earth got its name; all we know is that it is derived from an amalgamation of
both the Old English and Old Germanic words for “ground”.
Harper’s Index from Funny Times:
Estimated amount spent in the United States
last year on Halloween costumes for children: $1.4 billion
• Source: National
Retail Federation (Washington)
On Halloween costumes
for adults: $2 billion
Today’s Birthdays:
Julie Andrews Movie
Actress 91 years old
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brie Larson Movie
Actress 37 years old
Birthplace Sacramento, CA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jimmy Carter US President
[1924-2024] @100
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Randy Quaid Movie Actor
76 years old
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Esai Morales TV Actor 64
years old
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Richard Harris Movie Actor
[1930-2002] @72 Hodgkin's disease
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Walter Matthau TV Actor
[1920-2000] @ 79 heart attack
Birthplace New York City,
NY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That’s All for Now







No comments:
Post a Comment